Tuesday, July 12, 2011

ROCKIN' THE FALLS

Canon EOS REBEL XS, Promaster 19-35 lens @ 19mm, ISO 100, f/11, 1/6 sec.
    I don't know how many times I have taken shots of Bald River Falls in the Cherokee National Forest but every time it is different. Whether it is the leaves on the trees, the color of the water, the amount of water flow, or like today, the bright green color of the moss on the rocks, it is a new image every time.
  The image in today's post is different for a combination of things. Not only is the water just milky white, and the moss covered rocks emerald green, I maneuvered myself to a spot that I have never photographed from before.
  Tim Owens and I met this evening out at Bald River Falls and while we were shooting the water level in the river allowed me to wade without issue to within about 20 feet of the falls. I found this beautiful set of rocks over to the right that I hadn't even noticed before due to staying back so far. The rocks created a great foreground for the falls and from here the angle made the falls look completely different. Like a different waterfall all together.
  I used 3 images and through Photoshop Elements Photomerge Panorama, blended them together.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, Jerry, this is just so beautiful. Top drawer composition on this one to bring your eye right to the falls there! As mentioned, the green moss on the rocks is a real star in this shot as well, it really adds a dash of wonderful color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful scene Jerry! The rocks really do make for great foreground interest - nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job on this one. The water looks perfect. Nice and crisp.

    ReplyDelete